Locksmithing/Need a replacement lock cylinder

Question
Lock
Lock  
Hello, I have a Remington Rand Safe Ledger Tray that is about a 2' cube. It was locked and i removed the cylinder to open it, would like to use it to store some ammo, but would like it to lock. Any idea where i can find a replacement lock or cylinder for this safe. Thanks Chuck.

Answer
Chuck,

Sorry, but parts have not been available for these containers since 1955 (about 58 years now).  Unless you find another similar container to use for donor parts, your choices are buy a new container, or simply install a hasp to use with a padlock.

You indicated it was locked, but you didn't mention what you did to open it?????  If you were able to remove the lock cylinder without damage, it may be repairable, and a key can be fitted to it.   If you had to destroy the lock cylinder to open it, then you are back at square one!   That is kind of an odd size cylinder, so find or making a replacement will probably cost you more than the container is worth.

I guess you are back to the hasp / padlock idea.   Sorry.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)