Locksmithing/Qualified safe repair

I have acquired an old Victor safe, combination unknown.  I have talked to some local locksmiths and am uncomfortable with their solutions to open it.  Yes, I read your comments about them.  As I am retired, I am going to entertain myself trying to manipulate the lock or use the "trial combinations" you have shared.  Retirement can be boring in the winter.  To that end, can you suggest any qualified services that I might contact to open the safe.  I live in central Iowa.

There really is no such thing as "trial combinations".   Manufacturers NEVER published or released ANY info pertaining to serial numbers or combinations for obvious security reasons.

The info that YOU are referencing only applys to a very limited group of safes, and as I've stated over and over, I have yet to find a safe the sequences works on.   This information was gathered by locksmiths in the 1940's looking for a magic combination or sequence of numbers that would open safes by a given manufacturer.   This was what they came up with, and as stated, IF it actually works, it is ONLY for a very limited model of safe.   Chances are your safe is not one, but as you've indicated "you have all winter"!

As far as any qualified safe technicians or safe companies in IOWA, I don't know of any safe technicians or safe companies in this state that I would recommend.   If you provide me with a zipcode, where you are located, I'll see if there are any close by in neighboring states.

Good luck, get me your zipcode and I'll see if I can come up with a name for you.   You can save money if you can take the safe to them as opposed to having them come to you.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)