Locksmithing/X07 digital lock

Question
Andy - I recently purchased an old Moser safe with a Mas Hamilton digital lock, model x07, I believe.  All works well but the lock knob and bezel is loose.  It will wobble around when being turned.  I have had the inside of the door off and have been able to get to the lock mechanism but that is as far as I wish to to go without more knowledge.  I assume I have to remove the knob and LCD indicator to tighten the mounting assembly but am not sure.  Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Roger

Answer
Roger,

This is definitly one of those times where I DO NOT recommend this as a DIY project for the same reasons that I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work.

First off, this model lock is obsolete - There are NO parts available for it.   Current version is the X0-9, and retail cost is around $1800

These locks do require special training to work on them.   Unless you want to possibly, have to replace an expensive lock - don't mess with it.

check with your local safe companies (NOT locksmiths) to see if any of them are GSA certified or trained to have them dissassemble and reassemble the lock correctly.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located, and I'll see who I know in your area.   Cost for service will be a LOT less than lock replacement.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)