Locksmithing/Fogot combo and lost keys

Question
I have a Saf-D-Posit safe. Model 1190. My father bought it new many years ago and gave it to me along with key and the combination. My question is a pretty simple one........If I cant remember the combination and have lost the key is there any way to get the safe open again without damaging the lock, handle or hinges ? Manufacturer ? Safe Locksmith ?  PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I would like to use it again and pretty much just keep it because it was my Dads. Thank You

Answer
John,

Saga Safes were imports, and I'm not aware of anyone that has a data base of the original combinations.  I have included the contact info for Saga Safe, but I don't believe that you will get a response to your query.

SAGA SAFES - SAGA ELECTRONIC CO.,LTD.
ADDRESS: Ningbo Hi-Tech Park,Zhejiang Province,China 315040
FAX:+86-574-87909600 Tel:+86-574-87909608
Email:sales@in-roomsafe.com   sales@electronic-safe.com
Alternative Email: yangyahui@vip.sina.com

Your other option would be to have a safe tech at a local safe company open your safe, recover the combination and make a key for you.  Check your local yellow pages under safes and vaults for a nearby company.

Any other methods could cause irrepairable damage to the container.

Problem is that having it opened, combo recovered and keys made could cost more than the container is worth.   Sorry, I wish the news was better.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)