Locksmithing/House Front Door Lock

Question
I am unable to turn my key to my front door lock.  It will open from the inside by using the lever.

The lock had been opening with the key but only after repeated turnings left and right.  Now it doesn't open.

Should I remove it for re-keying or replace it?  Or is there a self-fix I can do?

Thanks, Jim

Answer
Hello Jim,

Without knowing the brand or model it's hard to say what the issue is.

It's likely fixable but it may be quicker to replace it, plus even a repair may only be temporary.

If you do replace it, choose Schlage (stay away from the F series) or the higher quality Kwikset unless you want something that will last even longer then choose a Grade 1 commercial lock, available at locksmith shops.

James

Locksmithing

James