Locksmithing/Mini Wall Safe, No combination

Question
Mini Wall Safe
Mini Wall Safe  
Hi Andy
There is a wall safe in every master bedroom of each flat in my complex (South Africa), and the landlord has said that he does not know the combinations for any of the safes. I have been searching online for the make of this safe and I cannot find anything that would help me acquire the combination for it.
The only distinguishing feature of these safes is the word "Mini" on the dial.
It has a red dot at 9 O'clock and the dial has numbers between 0 and 49. It is 20cm (about 7 inches) in diameter.
Iíve tried a few hundred combinations turning  4xleft 3xright 2xleft  1xright and 4xright 3xleft 2xright 1xleft, but what I have noticed is sometimes it would get stuck on the number 20 and not go any further, I then try to pull, twist or do anything but it still will not open.
I was hoping that you could tell me a little bit more before I call a locksmith who will charge me my life savings to drill a lil hole.
Thanks for any help. Tim

Answer
Tim,

This is a new one on me.   It may be a manufacturer that has copied someone elses design, or one that was made with the logo for a distributor.

Does the landlord have any idea where they came from???   If not, another place to check would be the builder of the complex.

There were several safe companies in South Africa, that might have manufactured these safes, but as they were never exported to the US, it isn't something I recognize.

Before contacting a locksmith, I would check for local safe companies.  They may have a better idea of what you have, where it was made, what type of lock it has, etc.  

The following company is a manufacturer in South Africa, and they might have some idea of what you have, and/or a recommendation of a safe tech in your area.

http://www.mutual.co.za/index.php

Mutual Austen Group
P.O. Box 35641
Pretoria, South Africa

Sorry, I couldn't find a phone number for them.

Well at least this is a start, hope it helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)