Locksmithing/Old Schlage Lock Parts

Question
My entire house has old Schlage locks that were installed with the house in 1934.  They're built to last.  Someone posted a picture of one here:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Locksmithing-3110/2012/7/removal-old-bedroom-doorknob

As best I can can tell these are first generation produced in the first year or so of Schlage.  I've looked at the Schlage patent applications... and my lock sets are very early.  They're not even marked Schlage.   

I'd like to find someone with a few of these that can sell them to me for parts.  I need springs and other pieces.  I'd like to keep my knobs intact for the next 30-40 years.

Answer
Two places I would look:

Search for locksmith shops that have been in business a long time. I once worked for one that started in 1918 and we had all kinds of old locks just sitting around.

Talk with local demolition contractors and give them pics of what you are looking for. Once you tell them that you'll pay for them they will be more interested. Especially the really small ones.

There are also some websites for locksmiths that have a public section where you can post a "want to buy" note.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Dan

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno