Locksmithing/Removing Parker Lockset

I am having difficulty removing a Parker lockset from a steel door.  I suspect it is a commercial version.  There are no screws visible on either side of the door.  There are also no setscrews visible on either doorknob.  I am able to "pop" the interior faceplate loose so that I can see the screws on the rosette but can't reach them to remove them.  The only thing visible on the interior side is a small U shaped wire between the faceplate and the doorknob.  I am unsure how to remove the interior doorknob so I can remove the interior faceplate so I can remove the entire lock.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Hello John,

There should be a small hole toward the back of the inside knob.  Using a small probe (paperclip or similar) press down in that hold to move the retainer as you slide the knob off.  Once that's off,  you can remove the rose and access the screws.

If you don't have a small hole in the back area of the knob, send a photo of what you do have.

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.