Locksmithing/Safe Manuals Vanguard 2.0 & Sentry 1235

Simple question (I think?): I have 2 safes in which I rarely open, but store family valuables. I actually have the combinations (!). The problem is the actual process of using the combinations. Vanguard is Right 4 times stop after the 3rd time passing the first number, etc. Sentry is the opposite but starts with 3 turns, etc. By any chance do you have the written process for these safes? Thank you so much, Nathan

Your Sentry safe should be fairly easy to get a manual.   Go to the following web page to down load a manual for your safe model.

The Vanguard not so easy.   These are imported safes, and generally the manufactures don't provide replacement manuals - if you can even contact them.

The dialing sequence (based on the info you have provided) should be as follows:

4 times right to the first number,
3 times left to the second number,
2 times right to the third number,
1 time left until the dial stops (should be around 10).

If this doesn't work, you might also try reversing the above instructions, or LRLR vs RLRL.

NOTE:  Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   DO NOT count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual numbers as they arrive at the 12 o'clock index mark.   Once you have dialed a number - FORGET IT - it has no bearing on any other numbers, and trying to use it will simply "screw you up"!

So if your first number is 50, you would turn the dial clockwise (right) stopping the fourth time the number 50 arrives at the index.   If the second number is 25, you would then turn the dial counter clockwise (left) stopping the third time the number 25 arrives.

Keep it simple and don't add any extra turning info.

Hope this helps,

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)