Locksmithing/Shaw Walker fire file

Question
I have a Shaw Walker fire file made in the mid 80s. When I got it, it came with the combo, which I still have 4 numbers. I think it was called a double combo. If I try to unlock it the sandard way, it wont open. It seemed like I had to go past the numbers twice or something strange. I have forgoten the sequence, can you help?

Answer
Kim,

I have no idea what a "double" combo is????   Also, as you didn't write down the combination that you are trying to use, I can't "decode" what you have.

The "STANDARD" dialing sequence is as follows:

4 times left to the first number,
3 times right to the second number,
2 times left to the third number,
1 time right until the dial stops (should be around 90).

NOTE:  Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   DO NOT count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.

If it still won't open, I'll need to see your combo - the way that you have it written down.

Your other option would be to have a safe tech from a local safe company check it out for you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)