Locksmithing/browning Yukon gold gun safe

This safe came with a dial combination lock.
Can I change this to an electronic push button lock?
Thank you.

Pretty much any safe can be converted to a digital lock - the key word is "converted".   Many safes are a direct retrofit, with a simple removal of the mechanical lock, and installation of the digital lock.   Some safes require modifications - whether it is adding room for the new lock and cable, or adapting the boltwork carry bar or handle cam to work with the lock you have chosen.

Electronic locks come in a number of different styles - some of which duplicate the style of the mechanical lock, some which are modified to work differently.

While some of these locks are simple enough to be installed as a DIY project, I still recommend that you have the change made by a safe technician so that if a modification is necessary, it can be accomplished during the conversion.

Making the change as a DIY project, may result in a safe lockout if the conversion isn't done correctly, costing two to three times what it would have cost to simply have the safe tech do it right the first time.

If you elect to try it yourself, DO NOT close and lock the door until after you have verified the CORRECT operation of the bolt work and lock several times before closing the door.   if at any time you have a question or don't understand the instructions for installation, STOP and have a safe tech complete the work for you.

RECOMMENDATION:   Simply have the work done correctly the first time by having a local safe technician install the lock.

What are your other questions?

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)