Locksmithing/cannon safe ts6064

Question
I have locked all my info up in my safe husband changed the code before he left on business trip. My med is in there his guns are in there and cannon can't help us with anything.and they have yet to call back .. do you know what the master code is so I can reset it. My car keys are even in there.

Answer
Lacie,

sorry but there is no such thing as a "master code"!   This is simply an internet or movie myth.

While some digital locks may have a "reset code", it is individual to EVERY lock - no two are the same, and NONE of them will open the safe.   They simply allow the lock to be reset back to the original code which it left the factory on.   All digital locks generally use 123456 as the factory code.   Once this code has been changed by the owner (in this case your husband), this code is gone.

Unless Cannon has a record of your safe and the lock installed on it, they won't be able to help.   Many of these digital locks are installed by the distributor, NOT by the factory, and generally distributors do not keep any records of reset codes.

If Cannon can't help you there is probably a reason why.   Generally they do not give out codes or combinations, including reset codes for obvious security and liability reasons.   They have no idea who you are, what your relationship to the safe is, or what authorization you have to request the info is.   You would need to go through the distributor you purchased the safe through, or a local safe company.   They will also need the serial number of the safe to research your safe.

If you don't have the serial number to the safe, then there is little they can do to help you.

As far as your meds are concerned it is probably much easier to simply contact your doctor to obtain a short supply until your husband returns, than to deal with the safe companies.    Your other alternative would be to contact your husband to obtain the combination.   I know that even when I was deployed to Iraqi, my wife was able to get hold of me any time she had an emergency.   There were only a few occasions when I was out of touch for more than a couple days.

Final alternative if nothing else works, would be to have the safe technician, from a local safe company open the safe.   This may include having the safe drilled and a new lock installed.   If done correctly by a trained safe technician, the safe will not be damaged.   Costs could be around $350 to $500 to have the safe opened and repaired, plus the cost of a new lock.

Sorry, I wish the news was better, but there is no magic fix in your case.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)