Locksmithing/no combination to safe

Question
I have an old floor Star safe (American Security Products Co.)
I've never used it; it is at a rental house and my tenant was messing with it and the combination is gone. It was never put in the ground; it was in it's original box which is also gone.
Here is the only information I have: Serial # 143342, It has a place for a model # but there isn't anything there.  I would like to find out if there is a way of opening it since I plan to backcharge my tenant for it.

Answer
Mildred,

Sorry but AMSEC (current owner of STAR) only has records from about 370940 on.   This basically leaves you with two options, you can test all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations, or you can take it to a local safe company to have them open it for you.

The good news is that it isn't installed, so that will save you some $$$'s.   If it's too heavy for you to load in your car, get some help.   Taking it to the safe shop will save you up to $100.

The safe company can also have their safe tech come to your location to do the work, however it will be more expensive.

NOTE:   I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work.   They generally don't have the training, knowledge or tools and can cause excessive damage or charge exhorbant fees.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I know in your area.   I know a lot of good safe techs in California.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)