Locksmithing/filing cabinet

I have a couple very old filing cabinets in my garage. I was able to open them yesterdays with the set of keys I found. Then I locked them back up by just pushing in the cylindrical lock, today neither cabinet will open, but the key will still go in, it won't turn though.

Look on the lock, right where you put the key in. See if there are any numbers/letters there.

You may need a magnifying glass to see it clearly.

Look on the keys you have and see if any of them have matching numbers. That's the key for that lock.

Try the keys while pushing in on the lock to make sure it is not binding.

If none of this works and you have the code numbers from the face of the lock, a good locksmith can cut you a key for that code.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies