Locksmithing/fire fyter safe serial number c-3567

Question
Hi I'm Jabari my grandmother just recently passed and left a safe behind I know that the books and combination is in the safe but I don't have the factory combo and fire fyter won't return my emails or calls my serial number is c 3567 fire fyter no key just combo if you can help that would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Answer
Jabari,

Generally factories do not discuss safes or information about safes to owners - or people calling about safes for a couple of reasons including:  Security and liability.  They have no idea who you are, what your relationship is to the safe, or your authority to ask for information.   This also goes for many locksmiths as well, so don't feel bad.

You will probably need to take the safe to a local safe company (not a locksmith company), if they can't get the information on your behalf, then they will be able to open it for you.

NOTE:   As this is the result of a death in the family, even the safe company may not be willing to help unless they have a letter of authorization from the executor of your grandmothers estate.   Laws vary from state to state, but if you were in California we would require the court appointed executor to provide us with a letter of authorization.

If you have the combination and just need the key lock opened, pretty much any locksmith or safe technician should be able to either pick the lock or make a key for it.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)