Locksmithing/Allied Gary AutoBank 249

Question
QUESTION: After I have keyed and opened it, when I close and lock it back it appears to hold power on the coil for the pin holding in the unlock position.  I have a background in Electronics and the Control Board does not look overly complicated.  I would like to find information on how to rebuild/repair the control board so that I can use the safe.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

ANSWER: Hi. Do you have the users manual for this model? Some of them had an "open time" setting where the key would work for up to five minutes after the timer counted down.

It might just be you need to check the settings.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service
Cleveland, OH

QUESTION: No, I got the safe used and have not had any luck finding any manuals for it.  If you have any idea where to find repair/user guides that would be fabulous.

Thanks for your prompt reply previously.

Answer
The Autobank was made by Allied Gary safe company which is now owned by Fireking Intl.

http://fireking.com/index.html

I believe they have the manual in pdf. form on their site.

If you don't have any luck, let me know and I'll ask around to shops I know.

Dan

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno