Locksmithing/Atrium Door Lockset

Question
I had an Atrium Door Lockset that was having issues. I replaced it with a new lockset and am having problems with the spindle not being long enough so the set screw works.  
Are there different length spindles that I can obtain with the notches in it?  I can't seem to find them anywhere.
The escutcheon has a raised entry that the door lever attaches to - if this was flush, it would work as well.   Can you tell me if there are replacements for this?
It says it works for doors up to 1 and 7/8ths wide and mine is 1 and 3/4's so I'm not sure why it doesn't fit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Answer
Hello Margaret,

Atrium Door locks came in 2 sizes but that shouldn't affect the door thickness.

If your door is 1-3/4" and the plate increases the thickness to make it 1-7/8" or more it wouldn't line up, but they should take that into account.

Try www.atriumparts.com as they may have something that will work better.  I sell one but it may have the same issue as you are having.

You can try a different spindle instead.  Corbin, Sargent & Arrow have spindles as does Ilco.  You can find suppliers of those online or check with a local locksmith as they may have something in stock that will work for you.

James

Locksmithing

James