Locksmithing/Baldwin lock cam assembly

Question
I had problems with the cam breaking on me 2 x in the pass, the first time Baldwin in Irvine CA sold me a new assembly @ $70.00, second time the locksmith replaced it. Now it is broken again.  Any one makes these with better material & available for me to purchase?  I'm not going to buy it Balwin pot metal POS again.  Please help.

Answer
Hello David,

Baldwin locks are made for aesthetics not for durability.  Same goes for Emtek, and other brands that strive to have a good looking product but inferior materials.

Schlage has better quality products, except the F series, stay away from those.  Kwikset Grade 2 locks are also made well.

I'm not sure what you mean by lock cam assembly, that could mean anything since I don't know your extent of locksmith terminology.  Whatever the part is, I'm sure it was made with cheap metals and replacing it again would only mean it would break again.

James

Locksmithing

James