Locksmithing/drawer release leaver

Question
I have an old 4 drawer "Remington Rand safe file" (legal size)that I purchased used 40 years ago.The lock socket to open all 4 drawers is on the RH side of the top drawer (works fine). Each drawer then has it's own handle to pull open that drawer,but behind and on the LH side of each those handles is a plastic lever which must be pressed down (counterclockwise) to be able to release and allow that specific drawer to be pulled out (opened). The outer portion of each lever has a thumb pad under the LH side of that drawers pull out handle that allows you to depress that lever and pull open that drawer pretty much in one motion.The opposite end of that lever has an approximately 1/4" dia. by 1/4"long extention that has an approx. 3/16 square hole inside of it.That extension fits into a hole in the front of the drawer and over a slightly smaller square within each drawers front panel.

Anyway one of those levers on my file has broken (cracked) and I need to replace it. Any idea on where I might find a replacement.

MUCH APPRECIATED and many thanks.

Art.Pipp

Answer
To be honest in many cases like this I do some searching online to source the parts if local contacts do not have, If I can't find it I make it! If you can't find it or make it yourself find someone who can and DO NOT ASK how much!

Patrick D. Harrington
http://www.HarringtonsLocksmith.com

Locksmithing

Patrick D. Harrington