Locksmithing/Mosler Weights

Question
I have a client that inherited a Mosler safe from the previous tenant 25 years ago and would now like to remove it from the room where it sits. How much does it weigh and is it easily removable. They do NOT have the combination and so it has not been opened in years.

Here is the info on the tag

Model CU-61548 Combo
379037
Serial 19717-10

Answer
Jim,

Sorry but the info you have provided doesn't allow me to provide any assistance.   Unfortunately the manufacturers NEVER release info based on serial numbers for security and liability reasons, and to keep other manufacturers from knowing anything about their products.

What I will need is a photo of the safe, and interior exterior measurements.   Also the container should have either an SMNA or UL label indicating what its classification is.

I would imagine, with the serial number that you have provided, and the fact that it is on wheels, that it would probably be either a class B or C fire safe.

Unfortunately if they don't have a combination for the safe, you may not be able to get the interior measurements, but I will need the exterior size and the photo.

Without knowing what is stored inside, any estimate for weight won't take that into consideration.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)