Locksmithing/Where to obtain missing English Yale lock lever

Question
I have a set of vintage Craven motorcycle panniers--Golden Arrow model, made, I think in the 1960s.  The bag lids when closed are secured with two (one for each of the two panniers) Yale locks. I have a key and one lock works, the other will not.  I disassembled both locks to discover that the working lock has 6 levers (think this is the correct term for the small metal piece that has a wire spring attached and is hinged on a pin) while the non-working lock has only 5 levers -- levers in both locks are the same but the inoperative lock is missing the 4th lever from the bottom of the stack.

The locks are marked "Made in England" and stamped with "FKB" (or may be FK8) and the number "154". Lock body is flat and mounted onto the inside of the pannier lid and key area is a "tube" that fits through a circular hole in the lid.

I have searched without success for a source for vintage Yale levers to replace the missing lever and make the lock function properly again with my one key.  Even if it's not the correct lever I can grind it to become a spaced (#4 in stack of 6) so that the key fits the other levers properly.

The Yale lock is the only means of securing the pannier lid to the pannier body, no other clasps etc.

You have any suggestion where to source Yale lock levers for this lock?

The Craven panniers are highly collectable and I would like to bring these nice Golden Arrows back in to use on a restored 1966 BMW R69S.  I have photos of the locks and levers I can email.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Answer
HARRINGTON`S LOCKSMITH
HARRINGTON`S LOCKSMITH  
I have had to, in the past, fabricate these myself If you can locate another lock with similar parts it is a start, then it is a matter of duplicating that 4th lever or opening the gate on a lever of similar size to work, if not you can start with new keys and remove the 4th lever in the second lock then impression the key to work both. it is imperative that you verify before any modification to the working lock that this will work you will still need to "shim the stack" so that the levers remain supported and aligned during operation. If you are willing to spend some money you might find a locksmith to do this for you.

Patrick D. Harrington

http://www.HarringtonsLocksmith.com  

Locksmithing

Patrick D. Harrington