Locksmithing/Sargent Door Lock Knob locked

Thanks for the first answer.  I have the Sargent knob that is locked.  I took the inside knob off by pressing the spring lock but the outside knob is locked (no keys work) and won't come out of the door.  I have removed the locking/ alignment pin and tried to tug on the outside knob but it wont come loose.  I also removed the two screws for the striker and tried pulling that out or at least moving it to assist with removal of the knob.  It seems that the extended shaft from the outside knob holds up the striker from coming out and the release wire for the outside knob is not accessible because the knob will not unlock.

Any suggestions?

Hello Charles,

Please ask a follow-up to this answer and attach a photo of the lock.  If you have the model and function of the lock that would help as well.

You should be able to see where the latch attaches to the outside assembly and determine why it won't come out.

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.