Locksmithing/Schlage KC5190 fault

Hello James. Recently I changed the batteries on a Schlage KC5190 lock. I also reprogrammed it as it had not been used in some time. I used recommended Alkaline batteries.
All went well and I was able to get it working with both the keypad and the iButtons.
Today nothing happens, The batteries are fine but the lock does not respond at all to PIN entry nor iButton. No lights shine at all, it is completely dead.
Do I bury it or is it repairable?

Hello Alun,

Locknetics discontinued those locks for a reason, not sure what the reason is but I've heard too many complaints from people having simlar issues as you.

I'd unplug the battery pack, press any button, reinstall, reprogram and try again but it's likely dead.

If you need a keypad lock, try an Alarm Lock DL2700 or better, I've ony had minor issues with those compared to other brands that simply just fail and ther are no parts like the KC series.

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.