Locksmithing/Lost gunsafe combo sequence

Question
I have large unknown mnfr gunsafe bought in 1985. I think I know combo numbers but not sequence. Question is Do you know safe tech in vacinity of Yuma, AZ. I cant seem to find any closeer than Phoenix.

Answer
Kelley,

The dialing sequence of the lock on your safe is probably:

4 times left to the first number,
3 times right to the second number,
2 times left to the third number,
1 time right until the dial stops - turn handle to open.

Note:   Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.   Do not count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.    For instance if your first number is 50, you would turn the dial counter clockwise (left), stopping the fourth time the number 50 arrives at the index mark.    No more, no less.   There also isn't a starting point - simply start turning the dial, and count 50 once, 50 twice, 50 three times, stopping on 50 the fourth time.

Do the same thing with the other two numbers.   If you have the correct combination, and have dialed it correctly, it should open for you.

Probably the nearest safe company that I would recommend to you would be:

Mountain Safe Company       about 125 miles away
928 453 7649          Troy Bybee
3220 Palm Grove Drive
Lake Havasu City, Arizona   86403

After that it is kind of a toss up between San Diego and Phoenix who is closer.   I've got a couple recommendations in Phoenix and southern California that I can give you, but they are all going to be around 150 to 165 miles away.

Sorry nothing in the Yuma area.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)