Locksmithing/old Schwab Safe Co...safe

Question
I have an old safe from the basement of what was a "frock and bonnet" shop- an eventual owners widow gave it to my grandmother who worked for them 30+ years.  It's a
PENCE & SON.  THE SCHWAB SAFE CO..  LAFAYETTE,  IND.U.S.A.   with a YALE combination lock. (The ppunctuation s shown above are  as they appear on the safe. I've hauled it around for 20 years and it sure seems something is in it. I'd much rather "crack" it than have it drilled.  Any advice at all would be welcome.  The safe is about 12x18 floor safe on metal wheels.  Maybe more like 14x18x18 deep.Thank you for your time.

Answer
The best advice I could give you is to call local Locksmith and or Safe companies in your area, you might get lucky with a company that might have serviced that safe at some time, it is possible to manipulate some safe locks, NOT ALL the method used will depend on the make and model of lock. Some more easily than others. There are methods of drilling that aid in opening without destroying the lock.  

Locksmithing

Patrick D. Harrington