Locksmithing/Plug out, locked, no combo

Question
I call the door to this floor safe a plug because that's what it looks like. The combination and key were lost in a move, but I had wrapped and packed the plug separately to reduce the weight, having first turned the dial so the pins were out and it could not be reinserted into the safe body. The back of the plug comes off very easily(a large snap ring)revealing the inner workings. How can I set a new combo ? I'm not worried about the dial key, do I need to be ?
The safe is made by Atlas Safe Co. Miami, Fl. has a 100 numeral dial a four digit Serial number and no model number.it operated Left right Left right to stop/retract pins.
If you can assist me I would be grateful, Thank You !

Answer
Bob,

To my knowledge there was no Atlas Safe Company, making lift out round door safes.   Chances are this was simply a retail outlet, selling safes made by another company, with their label.

If you have lost the combination to the safe door, simply take it down to a local safe company to have the combination recovered or reset.

As this may require partial disassembly of the lock, which I never recommend as a DIY project for the same reason that I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work, the cost savings will far out weigh the potential for an expensive lockout, if you make a mistake.

As far as the dial key, this is a very low level of security and you basically won't lose the safes ability to protect your valuables by not having it.   While you are at the safe company, you can discuss either having a key made for the lock, or having the lock plug replaced with a new one.  

if you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I know and/or would recommend in your area.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)