Locksmithing/Plug out, locked, no combo

I call the door to this floor safe a plug because that's what it looks like. The combination and key were lost in a move, but I had wrapped and packed the plug separately to reduce the weight, having first turned the dial so the pins were out and it could not be reinserted into the safe body. The back of the plug comes off very easily(a large snap ring)revealing the inner workings. How can I set a new combo ? I'm not worried about the dial key, do I need to be ?
The safe is made by Atlas Safe Co. Miami, Fl. has a 100 numeral dial a four digit Serial number and no model operated Left right Left right to stop/retract pins.
If you can assist me I would be grateful, Thank You !

To my knowledge there was no Atlas Safe Company, making lift out round door safes.   Chances are this was simply a retail outlet, selling safes made by another company, with their label.

If you have lost the combination to the safe door, simply take it down to a local safe company to have the combination recovered or reset.

As this may require partial disassembly of the lock, which I never recommend as a DIY project for the same reason that I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work, the cost savings will far out weigh the potential for an expensive lockout, if you make a mistake.

As far as the dial key, this is a very low level of security and you basically won't lose the safes ability to protect your valuables by not having it.   While you are at the safe company, you can discuss either having a key made for the lock, or having the lock plug replaced with a new one.  

if you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I know and/or would recommend in your area.  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)