Locksmithing/Run Audit Report

Question
The safe is over 3yr old and it is a 3750-K Electronic Entry Device by LA Gard Inc.  

The problem is when the report is ran it report a battery low reading? I have changed the battery and the problem has not changed.

Answer
Jerry,

I never, ever, ever trust batteries, even if you just changed them with new ones!   I've found too many batteries in the back with low voltage.   Always check them with a multi-meter to ensure they have at least 9.4vdc.

Second problem, could easily be simply that the system is registering a "draw" during the download (audit trail) which shows up as a low reading on the audit trail.    If you have verified that the batteries are good, and the lock is operating correctly, then I wouldn't worry about this item showing up on the audit trail.    The audit trail might also simply show you a past "low battery" indication.

As the swing bolt type lock and the 3750-K key pad should be giving you around 400 to 500 openings on a single battery, if it seems to be going through a lot of batteries check to see how many times each day the lock is being operated.    It may need to have an additional battery pack installed to boost the power quantity (kind of like changing the gas tank on your car from 5 gallons to 30 gallons - it is still 9vdc, but you have a larger volume of potential energy to draw from.
Also, if your lock has dual custody or time delay, this will significantly reduce the possible number of openings that you get, per battery - again it may be necessary to increase the battery capacity or change to a hardwired power supply.

I've covered most of the basic items, if the lock or keypad has a short of some sort, which is causing a battery drained, it will either have to go back to the factory to be rebuilt, or have a new lock installed.   Shorts of any type are NOT a field serviceable repair.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)