Locksmithing/safe

Question
Andy I have a safe with a Yale lock I can't find the combination anywhere. The door is opened and has been that way for a long time. The safe was made by the schawb company,I would appreciate all the help you can give me. I hope that's all the information you need, if not please advise. Thank you

Answer
Sundo,

Fortunately for you, the safe door is locked open.   if it was locked shut, you could be looking at $350 to $500 to have it opened and a combination recovered.

As it is, it is a simple task for a safe technician to recover the combination or reset it for you.   As this will require partial disassembly of the lock, this is not something that I would recommend as a DIY project for the same reason that I don't recommend using locksmiths.   Lack of knowledge, training and tools can easily result in a very expensive lockout.

Contact a local safe company to have their safe technician come by to recover or reset the combination for you.   If you don't have any local safe companies, let me know where you are located (zip code) and I'll see who I know in your area.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of experienced safe techs near West Virginia, but probably the nearest company that might help you would be:

Ace Lock & Key Shop
304-269-3308          James Dennison
7060 U.S. Highway 33 West
Camden, WV 26338

If you don't find another company, let me know where you are located and I'll see what other rabbits I can pull out of my hat!

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)