Locksmithing/Schlage deadbolt removal

I have a Schlage deadbolt I can't get off the door. There is no plate on the interior of the door. It is just solid wood. The exterior has the deadbolt attached and there are no visible screws or holes or anything that looks like a way to get it off. We have tried putting the key in and unscrewing the cylinder to no avail. We have tried turning the whole deadbolt to see if it would unscrew with no luck. We are lost as how to remove it. I have never seen a deadbolt that only has hardware on one side of the door. Most have a backing plate or something on the interior side of the door but this one does not.

Hello Rocky,

The face plate around the key hole should come off, the one that says Schlage.  Using a piece of duct tape, press it onto the plate then pull.  Under that should be the mounting screws.  Try prying on the plate if the tape doesn't work.

Ask a followup question and attach a photo of both the door edge and outside if the above doesn't work.

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.