Locksmithing/Sisco safe

Question
I have a Sisco safe that came to me when I purchased an accounting business.  I now have it at home.  I put the combination in and then used the key and it opened.  I must have taken the key out while it was open.  I forget exactly what I did.  But I have tried the combination again and the key will not unlock it so that I can close the door.  I have tried many times.  The part needs to retract so that I can close the door.  But the key will not make it do this.
What do I need to do.  If you can call and walk me through it I would appreciate it.  I am willing to pay for  your service.
Nancy

Answer
Nancy,

Unfortunately, mechanical problems are usually "hands on" diagnostics and repairs.   If you are dialing it and attempting to unlock it correctly, then there is possibly something (hopefully simple) that is keeping it from operating.

Fortunately, the safe is open.

If the safe is small enough, simply carry it in to a local safe company to have it looked at.   If it is too large, the door may remove from the hinges (simply lift up with the door open), and take the door in.

While it may be something simply, if you are already performing the normal locking & unlocking procedure and the door is not cooperating, then it is time to have it looked at.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are (zip code) and I'll see who I know in your area.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)