Locksmithing/Can't open my safe

Question
Thank you, I have a BS-T670 safe made in Korea.
I have totally forgotten the combination but i have the Safe's key.
i tried using the key to open but the safe cant open.
How do i open it with the key.

Answer
Danstan,

Generally the key is "NOT" an override key, you have to use BOTH the key AND combination to open it.   The exception to this would be the Korean safes using an electronic combination (digital lock), though in this case you would have TWO keys, one which opened the safe WITH the combination, and a second (different) key, which would override the electronics and open the safe.

If you have the digital lock version, but do NOT have the second key, then you can not open it with the regular key.
If you have the mechanical lock version, you can not open it with the key alone.

These basically leaves you with three options.   You can check with the company that you purchased the safe through, to see if they maintain a record of the original combination.   If not, you can try contacting the manufacturer to see if they have a record for your safe.

Booil Safe Company
http://www.booilsafe.co.kr/
#1069-13, Eobang-dong, Gimhae-si,
Gyeongsangnam-do, Korea
Tel:   +82-55-325-2300
Fax:   +82-55-325-6400
bisafe@kornet.net
jaypark2@kornet.net

Your last option would be to have a safe technician or safe engineer from a local safe company, open and/or recover the combination for your safe.

Hope this helps.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)