Locksmithing/diebold safe

Question
outside of safe
outside of safe  

inside locked compartment
inside locked compartm  
Saw a previous question about opening an old safe with a lost combination.  I have a large 2 door safe with what you describe as a jewlers compartment on the inside.  We do not have that combination.  The safe is in Colorado, zip code 81154.  If you could look up closest safe tech. that would be great.

Answer
Kyle,

Probably the two nearest safe companies that I would recommend would be:

J & R Safe and Security, Inc.
719-282-0360
7857 Scarborough Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920-7117

SEAHORSE Safe & Lockout Svc, Inc
303-775-2044
P. O. Box 2123
Longmont, CO 80502

The next nearest companies would be coming about 400 miles from Arizona.     While there may be some closer companies, and there probably are a number of people that will indicate that "they can do the job", most do not have the training, knowledge or tools to work on the older safes like this.

While I wouldn't normally recommend either of these companies for this type of safe either, I believe that they are probably going to be your best bet, given your location.    I would discuss the job completely with them first, so that you not only have an understanding of the job, but also a realistic bottom line price on what it will cost - with NO hidden fees.    If they can't give you a bottom line price, then it would be obvious to me that they don't know what they are doing, and/or are trying to take advantage of your situation.

While prices do vary throughout the country, I'll give you an idea of what I would charge you if you were in Northern California (my area) under similar circumstances, and figuring 3-4 hours travel each way.
Travel charge would be $125 per hour (my normal hourly charge, plus $650 for me to open and repair the safe, without damaging the lock or the safe.    Even if they drill a small hole to decode the lock, this would be acceptable as long as it is repairable, and they don't damage anything.    Total fee would be around $1650 depending on the actual time it took me to drive to your location.    (8 hours travel plus the $650 labor).
While they may charge more or less the same, this WILL give you some comparable numbers that I would feel are fair, under similar circumstances listed above.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)