Locksmithing/Hand Change Mosler 302

Question
I just purchased a File cabinet safe from a surplus auction.  It was sold open so I checked the back and it does not have a key hole, nor does it have the second mark on the dial for using a key.  I removed the cover and looked at the dials which are numbered.  I replace the dials  without moving anything.  I would like to know if you know the procedure for setting a new combination.  The closest safe technician is about 35-40 miles away, so I would like to try and do this myself.
Thanks for any help.

Answer
Rory,

First off, I NEVER, EVER recommend combination changing, ESPECIALLY if it concerns hand change locks, as a DIY project, for the same reason that I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work.  Lack of training, knowledge and tools can and do, frequently result in locked up safes.   The small amount that you would pay to have it done correctly, will long be forgotten when you see the huge bill you could get if you lock the safe up.

As far as "training you", my basic safe servicing class, which includes combination changing, is about a week long, and has a pre-requisite that you are all ready a locksmith.

Because of the inherent dangers associated with lock disassembly, reassembly and possible lock outs, in order to provide you with the instructions, I have a hold harmless, release of liability form that I require, before I will provide you with the instructions.

Please send an email directly to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com    requesting the hold harmless for the hand change combination changing instructions, and I would be happy to send it to you.

This is a no cost item, so I'm not trying to sell you anything - the form is merely a part of doing business.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)