Locksmithing/removing a lock

Question
lock1
lock1  

lock2
lock2  
I'm trying to remove a Baldwin outside lock, a knob with key. I took the inside knob with a small Allan wrench but I can't seem to be able to take the plate off.  It doesn't have any screws and there is not notch to pry the plate off either.  I have tried carefully to, with a blade, pry it open without success.  I'm afraid to damage the plate.  Should I try harder to take the plate off with a blade or am I missing something.  I'm including 2 pictures hoping they help.  I surely appreciate any help you can give me.  Thanks

Answer
Hello Lewis,

Without knowing the exact model of Baldwin it could be either screwed on or simply pressed in place.  I'd try unscrewing it first if I didn't find any small slot in the outer edge for a screwdriver.  If you can't unscrew it, it must pop off.

I am referring to the inside section of a keyed lock.  The outside assembly is generally not removable, at least easily.  The mounting screws are usually always on the inside.

James

Locksmithing

James