Locksmithing/Saga Saf D Posit Model # 1146

Question
My husband passed away and I cannot find the combination written down anywhere and I cannot find the key. His will and Navy Discharge papers are in the safe.  We need them the discharge papers in order for the Navy funeral

Answer
Donis,

As Saga safes were an imported container, and as the company that imported them is no longer around, trying to find a listing for the original combination is not going to be possible.   Manufacturers and distributors NEVER publish these records for obvious security and liability reasons.

This leaves you with two options, you can try all of the possible combinations for your lock, or you can take it down to a local safe company to have them open it for you.   Possibly with the time that you have available to make this happen, the latter choice is going to be your best option.

As the cost of the labor is probably going to be more than the safe is worth, you may want to have them "open only - with no repairs) to keep the cost down.   If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I know in your area.

Sorry about your loss, I wish the answer were better.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)