Locksmithing/Seargent & Greenleaf safe

I read your advise on the data safe the guy had in a house he bought.
I have a safe we (at work) wanted to save so I cut the back and the combo was on a paper in the safe and nothing else.
Now with the combo I still cant get it open!!
The combo says R-4-0, L-4-56, R-3-27, L-2-62
This dont match the 4,3,2,1, that you told Jorden.
I have tryed every possable combo 5,4,3,2, and 4,3,2,1, still no luck
I think Im having trouble clearing it and or where dou you start the combination at 0 or just clear it by going back and forth and go from where ever to the first 0 and that is 1-0 then go 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 and that is the first number!

The dialing instructions you have are confusing.

Can you send a pic of your safe showing the whole front of it and one showing just the dial and handle?

It may be a 4 wheel safe lock. In which case it might be 5432 last turn to 0 and then turn handle.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies