Locksmithing/Victor Safe & Lock Co.

I have an old floor safe on rollers which is 18"x 18" x 29" Victor Safe & Lock Co. Cincinnati, OH. In bold letters at the top it says "Henry Holt". It is in great working condition and I know the combination. I'm not sure of the year it was made. Where can I find that info and how might I find the value of this? Thank you.

There's a couple of different things you can look at.

On the back side of the door see if there is the "Worlds Fair" decal. It says something like "Voted best safe at worlds fair 1907" So it was built after that.

Also look for patent numbers/dates on the dial and on the back of the door.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service
Cleveland, Ohio

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies