Locksmithing/weight of a major safe

Question
What is the weight of a major safe model 3016?

Answer
Leonard,

Sorry but there is a lot more to figuring the weight of a safe than just having a model "size"!  The "3016" is more of a "size" than an actual model number.

Is it a "burglary" 3016, or is it a "fire resistive" 3016, or is it a "composite" 3016, or is it a "clad" 3016????

See the problem?

A fire resistive 3016 could weigh around 700 lbs, while a burglary resistive, composite model could weigh around 1200 lbs (depending on its rating).    That 500 lbs would make a big difference on two safes with the same model (size) number.

The only way to possibly get an accurate weight (if you don't have a better model description) would be to contact the factory with the serial number.    warning - if the serial number is "BEFORE" 370940, they will not have a record of the safe - sorry, it is what it is!

If your serial number is not after 370940, then I would need to see photos of your safe, and have exact measurements inside and out to match it to the actual model number of your safe.

If necessary send me the serial number of your safe, and photos (inside and out) along with measurements (inside & out), so I can figure out what you actually have.    If the safe has a UL label on it, I will need to see a photo of it as well.

Send the info and pics to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com     I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)