Locksmithing/mosler safe

Question
safe
safe  
I found this safe at a renovation job. Got it cleaned up and figured out the combination. Was wondering what year it is and any other info you could come up with.    spec F1-D     1Y63986   s.m.n.a. class B     cat.no.2016B    underwriters Lab 165348        no. on the combination dial 961228     26.5"Hx23"wx22.25"d      

Thank you
         Pat

Answer
Pat,

Sorry but manufacturers never publish records of serial number, combinations, etc. for obvious security and liability reasons.   Also, the information that you provided are from the testing agencies and NOT the manufacturer.   As Mosler has been out of business for around 12 years, contacting them for further info is kinda out of the question.

The information that you have provided from the testing agencies indicate that the safe is a 2 hour rated, fire resistive safe.

Based on the construction methods of the safe, it would have been built during the late 1940's or early 1950's.

As the safe is over 50 years old, it does not meet any current standards for fire or burglar resistance.   The safe is not antique, and is not considered a collectible, however if everything works, then it will make an interesting storage container, though I do not recommend its use or overnight storage of cash, jewelry or valuable documents.

What other questions might you have???

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)