Locksmithing/Mosler safe w/ 110 electric time lock

A customer has the combo to safe, but there is an electric time lock of 15 mins.on it. An extension cord plugs into it & a light should come on (it dosen't) After 15 mins. the light is suppose to go out. One then dose the combo a second time, and back to stop. Turn handle to open. Is there a way to bypass the time lock? Once opened the customer is going to junk safe. It was an old bank safe, made by Mosler Years ago Thank you Richard " Buzz" Blankenship of Buzz's Key and Lock- Oak Bluffs Ma. Po BOX 311 02557

As Mosler has been out of business for over 12 years, this would indicate that your "device" is probably around 20 + years old, so it shouldn't be a surprise that this device has failed.

Depending on the device, you may simply need to find a new or replacement power supply to activate it.   If the unit has failed, then what ever the timer activates (probably a solenoid) would need to be temporarily powered so that the combination lock would allow the door to open.

Sorry, I can't be more specific, but you haven't really provided me with any useful info concerning the device itself, and generally mechanical or electronic failures require hands on diagnostics and solutions.

Fortunately for you, you have a really good safe tech not to far away from you who can either bypass the unit or manually activate the solenoid.   Contact him to have the container opened.

Hanover Lock & Safe    about 40 miles away
781-826-8872          Philip Shearer
990 Washington St
Hanover, MA   02339  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)