Locksmithing/NEED ADDITIONAL KEY

Question
HI ANDY, MY FRIEND JUST PURCHASED A "COSMO SAFE" /COSMO WORLD - MODEL# TB - 3E;
SERIAL # 6110-28196, I HAVE CALLED SISCO, INC. AND FIND THAT THE COMPANY WAS TAKEN OVER BY HONEYWELL; SPOKE TO SEVERAL PEOPLE THERE AND WAS TOLD THIS SAFE WAS MADE BY "TOCABI" BUT THERE WAS NO NUMBER LISTED.  MY FRIEND IS ELDER AND IS SO AFRAID OF LOOSING THE ONLY KEY SHE HAS, AS SHE HAS SOME OF HER MOM'S STUFF IN THE SAFE.  IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN GET HER AN EXTRA KEY FOR HER SAFE.  IT IS ALSO A COMBINATION KEY, BUT SHE BEING ELDER DOESN'T TRUST HERSELF WITH A COMBINATION, POSSIBLY LOOSING THAT TOO AND HER MEMORY IS SHOT.
WE HAVE ALSO CHECKED SEVERAL PLACES AROUND TOWN.  CAN YOUR SUGGEST A POSSIBLE PLACE WE CAN GO HERE IN LAS VEGAS, OR HENDERSON, NEVADA??
THANKS SO MUCH SHARON

Answer
Sharon,

After seeing the photos, I can't believe your locksmiths haven't been able to make you a key.   This is a readily available key blank.   While the lock and original keys were made by Security Corp (Japan), the US key blank maker "ILCO" has a blank available.   The blank number is SY8.    Key cutters like Ace Hardware, Home Depot, or corner key cutters will not have this blank, so you need to go to an actual locksmith shop or a local safe company to have them cut this standard key.    If you can't find anyone that has the blank, you can send the key to me to duplicate for you.   (see email I sent you earlier).

Hope this helps,

Sharon,

sorry but your info isn't quite correct.   Sisco wasn't taken over, they are still in business.   The "BRINKS" and "Honeywell" LOGO's were exactly that a logo.   They are currently doing business under ANOTHER name now, but I don't have it yet.

There "contact" info (good luck) is:

Sisco Products
2835 East Ana Street
Compton, CA   902211-5801
800-223-8566
customersupport@siscoproducts.com

Just don't count on them "responding" to you.   They are in the business of selling LARGE quantities of containers to the big box stores - Costco, Home Depots, Lowes, Frys Electronics, etc.    
They are NOT in the business of helping out customers once a sale has been made.

As these containers are all made overseas (Asian), most locksmiths are NOT going to have any blank keys.   This especially goes for businesses that are key cutters, like Home Depot or Lowes.   You would need to check with a LARGE locksmith shop or safe company.   If they don't have the blanks, then your options are extremely limited.

I possibly/probably have key blanks for the key, but I would need your key to copy it from.   The only "caveat" would be, that the ONLY way I can guarantee the key is if I also have the lock to test the key.

If you would like, send me a photo of both sides of the key.   I'll see if I can ID it for you, then you can simply tell the locksmith shop WHAT key they need to order for you.

send the pics to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)