Locksmithing/Safe

Question
Safe
Safe  
I have this old mosler safe, just trying to figure out how many numbers would be in the combo, I have a set of numbers written down, but not sure if the correspond with this safe. 10-48-16-89-12
Thanks, any help is appreciated!
Tim

Answer
Judging from your query I am going to assume that you are not the original owner of this safe, as such I will guess that you do not know if it even opens ( you haven't indicated any knowledge of prior operation or how you acquired it )I have no clue where the numbers you have came from or where they are recorded so I really have no way to judge if they are even relevant. If you plan to use it you should have a local locksmith or safe service company come out to help you out with this.

I will say that 12 is not likely the last number in your combination that would leave 10-48-16-89. If it is a 4 wheel safe You could try;

dialing right 5 times to the 10
dial left 4 times to the 48
dial right 3 times to 16
dial left 2 times to 89
dial right to stop

turn handle

If it is a 3 wheel lock (less likely)
dial left 4 times to the 10
dial right 3 times to 48
dial left 2 times to 16 { not a great final number )
dial right to stop which might land close to 89?
turn handle

I am not sure if this helped, if it did not You might just want to have someone come out! There are a few things I would try on-site but it is difficult to say which would be first or best without the tactile feedback of hands on testing there are a few default combinations used when safes are set out of service!

Locksmithing

Patrick D. Harrington