Locksmithing/shaw walker file safe

Question
Andy, Thank you for your service to the country.
I have a shaw walker / S&G file safe that i removed from a military base that we demolished in 2000-2001, however, I dont have the combonation and would like to use it since its been sitting in my shop years. I am located in Visalia Ca 40 miles south of Fresno as Im sure you are familiar. can you give me some info on cost to have it opened ect.

Thanks
Randy  

Answer
Randy,

Cost for me to come down to you, is going to be way more expensive than the container is worth!   If I don't have a couple more jobs in the area, then I would be charging you an hourly travel fee round trip as a dedicated service, so you could easily be looking at around $1250.    If you bring the container to my shop in Hayward, it would be a flat fee of either $250 to open it with no repairs, or $375 to open and repair it (plus any necessary parts.   I try to open containers as damage free as possible, so that parts are not necessary.

Another option would be for you to take the container to Bakersfield.    There is a good safe company there that I use occasionally for work.   You would have to discuss their fees with them.   But the same works for them - they can come to you, or you can take it to them.

Bakersfield is about 130 miles closer to you than me, so I would recommend them as your first choice, but if you aren't in a hurry, and can wait until I have other work in your area, I can drop the rates significantly, if I can split the drive time between two or three jobs.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)