Locksmithing/Victor 'Cannonball' Safe

Question
Andy
I have just bought a Victor Cannonball Safe.  The safe was bought new by the Racine State Bank in Racine Ohio from the Cincinnati, Ohio Safe Company.  The unit stayed with the Bank until 3 months ago.  The safe has been outdoors for the last 3 months.
I have the safe combination but can not get the safe door to open.  I am unsure if I have failed to use the combination correctly or if the safe door is 'frozen' shut.  I am aware of the 4 right, 3 left, etc... sequence associated with the Victor Safe.
I am not sure what should be my next step in efforts to open the unit.
The safe is currently located in Benton, Illinois.

Can you offer advise and/or assistance

Sam

Answer
Samuel,

Unfortunately mechanical problems generally require "Hands ON" inspection, service and/or repairs.   Attempting to diagnose a problem like this without actually having the container here are not practical.

If you have the "CORRECT" combination, and it isn't working, and/or the door is jammed, there is little you can do - it sounds like its time to have a competent safe technician check the safe out.

Probably the closest company that I would recommend would be:

Hearn Safe & Vault
314-481-2525          Ray Hearn
607 North Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103

You can also check with:

Frank Zykan Safe & Vault
636-328-2929
St. Charles, MO   63301

If one of these guys can't help you, they may know of someone closer that can.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)