Locksmithing/Victor 'Cannonball' Safe

I have just bought a Victor Cannonball Safe.  The safe was bought new by the Racine State Bank in Racine Ohio from the Cincinnati, Ohio Safe Company.  The unit stayed with the Bank until 3 months ago.  The safe has been outdoors for the last 3 months.
I have the safe combination but can not get the safe door to open.  I am unsure if I have failed to use the combination correctly or if the safe door is 'frozen' shut.  I am aware of the 4 right, 3 left, etc... sequence associated with the Victor Safe.
I am not sure what should be my next step in efforts to open the unit.
The safe is currently located in Benton, Illinois.

Can you offer advise and/or assistance

Unfortunately mechanical problems generally require "Hands ON" inspection, service and/or repairs.   Attempting to diagnose a problem like this without actually having the container here are not practical.

If you have the "CORRECT" combination, and it isn't working, and/or the door is jammed, there is little you can do - it sounds like its time to have a competent safe technician check the safe out.

Probably the closest company that I would recommend would be:

Hearn Safe & Vault
314-481-2525          Ray Hearn
607 North Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103

You can also check with:

Frank Zykan Safe & Vault
St. Charles, MO   63301

If one of these guys can't help you, they may know of someone closer that can.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)