Locksmithing/Victor Patent Safe

When I was deployed to Iraq a couple friends and I started a fireworks business and came across a trailer for sale. When we purchased the trailer there was this 3x3x3 safe on wheels with a dial with digits 0-99. I had the combination until the cleaning lady thought it was trash and threw it away. I also kept a digital copy that was also destroyed. I traded the safe for some jewelry about a year ago (I still knew the combo at the time). I still have the safe on my trailer, but when trading with the person he knew i had the combo and I would really like to get the combo back so I can get it off my trailer onto his and have this safe be his problem.

I have called the person who sold me the trailer with the safe and I am hoping he kept the combination for the safe, but I think that will be like trying to smell a candle in a tornado. If you can help me that would be phenomenal. If you can not help me I will keep searching. Also, if you need any more photographs of the safe, please let me know I will take a picture of every square inch if it would help you.

First problem, you live in one of the "black holes" in the US, for having qualified safe technicians.   There are no safe companies or safe techs  that I would recommend to work on your safe in Nebraska - this means that someone is going to have to travel, which means that having the safe opened is going to get expensive.

There are also no records available of combinations for these safes.   As this safe probably has a three wheel lock, and with a 100 number dial, you basically have 1,000,000 possible combinations to try.

So basically your options are extremely limited if you can't find the combination.   You can test all of the possible combinations - at 500 per day, it would only take you about 5.5 years to test them all.   I'm sure your buyer isn't going to want to wait this long.
Second option would be to have a qualified safe technician open the safe - this means that you would either have to take the safe to them, or they will have to come to you.   Cost to open the safe and recover the combination - WITHOUT destroying or ruining the safe, may be more than you sold it for.
Third option would be to ruin the safe to open it - problem is that this would kind of defeat the purpose for opening it, which was to sell it!

Sorry, I wish that there were some much better options for you.   If you would like for me to try to find a qualified safe technician, I'll need to know where you are located (zipcode).

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)