Locksmithing/Bumil Safe

Question
Hi Terry,
I have a Bumil Safe 102TD. I have lost one key but still have one and would like to have a copy made.  The key has "5240" imprinted on the top. It is the the kind with laser cut dots. Is it possible to duplicate these types of keys? If so where can I have it done.
Thanks for any help.
Charlie

Answer
Charlie,

These are not "laser cut dots", this is what is known as a "Dimple cut key".    It is actually done on a special key machine (similar to a drill press), which cuts the dimples to the correct depth.

Unfortunatly, I don't know of anyone who still has one of the key machines to make these keys.   Everyone in my area has gotten rid of them because they simply don't see any business.

The best I can offer would be for you to try to contact the factory to have one made.   You can try them at either    info@bumilsafe.com, or  nature@bumilsafe.com   ask for Caleb Park

If they can't help you, and if you don't have any local locksmiths that can cut a dimple key, then my only advice is "DON'T" lose your key!!!  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)