Locksmithing/Lg safe lock

I bought a halls safe at an estate sale. They had it drilled to open it. I don't know the code, but the safe is open. Is there a way to reset the lock. I tried unplugging it for an hour to see if it went back to default code. No luck. I believe it's a lg 2. It's round, 2 9v batteries in back, keypad is removed by pushing upwards .
Thank you for your time, TJ

There is no such thing as a "default code".   Digital locks all come from the factory set on 123456 - though there are slight variations, depending on the manufacturer which include the "#" or "C" keys.
Once the original code has been changed - it is gone.   Unless the lock is reset back to the code, it simply isn't there.   Turning the lock off, or unplugging the batteries doesn't affect the lock code at all.   When you plug it back in or install new batteries, the same old code is still current.

In order to reset the lock from an unknown code, the safe technician has to have access to the circuit board INSIDE the lock.   However as you have indicated that the safe was drilled, I'm wondering if the lock was damaged.   It may be necessary to replace the lock with a new one.

Unfortunately problems like this require hands on diagnostics and solutions.   You will need to have a qualified safe technician, who actually understands this lock, how to diagnose the problems and repair, reset or replace it.   Locksmiths are not going to have this level of training, so you need to discuss the problem with your local safe company.

As the safe is open, if you don't have a local safe company that can work on your safe, you can remove the lock and ship it to me.   Unless it was damaged during the opening, I can reset it and ship it back to you.   Repair any damage to the safe, reinstall the lock and the safe should be operational.  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)