Locksmithing/Mosler Safe

Question
QUESTION: I found an old safe in my mother's house when we were cleaning it out and I can't find a combination. It has a plate on it that says:
The Mosler Safe Co. factories in Hamilton, Ohio Class One House Fire Class T-20 Burglary and the serial number is 287193.
Any info you can give me about this and suggestions for opening it would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Hi Linda,

Unfortunately, you have a couple big problems with your safe, first off, it was made over 50 years ago, and second the Mosler safe company has been out of business since 2001.   So trying to obtain any records of possible "original" combination are going to be on the slim to none side.

This leaves you with two basic options, you can either try all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations for the lock on your safe, or you can have a safe technician from a local safe company open it, recover the combination, and repair or service it so that it is operational.

As you haven't been able to find a copy of the combination, your options are rather limited at this point.

I recommend you contact a local safe company (NOT a locksmith) to have their safe technician open your safe.   If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I know in your area that I might recommend.

Sorry the answer isn't better.

QUESTION: Thank you so much for your response. I live in Cumming, Ga 30028.
Thanks Again

Answer
Linda,

I do have a good company in your area that I would recommend.

Protection Lock and Equipment
770-436-0302       Ron Snively
2347 Beaver Creek Road
Smyrna, GA 30080

If Ron can't help you, he may know of someone that is closer that he might recommend.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)