Locksmithing/Unlocking saga 1100 safe

Question
I have a Saga Safe-d-posit Model 1100 safe with no combination or key.  How do I obtain a key and combination?

Answer
James,

This was an imported safe from China.   As the company that imported them here is no longer in business, there are no records available any longer that basically leaves you with two options, you can try to contact the factory to obtain a combination and key, or you can have a safe technician from a local safe company open the safe, recover the combination and make a key for it.

Problems - first, the factory is notoriously bad about responding and may not even have records for your safe, depending on how old it is.   Second, the cost to have the safe opened, combo recovered and a key made is probably going to cost you more than the safe is worth.

Unless you have valuables inside the safe which you need out, I would recommend simply saving your time and money and buying a new safe.

Contact info for the factory is:

SAGA ELECTRONIC CO.,LTD.
ADDRESS: Ningbo Hi-Tech Park,Zhejiang Province,China 315040
FAX:+86-574-87909600 Tel:+86-574-87909608
Email:sales@in-roomsafe.com   sales@electronic-safe.com
Alternative Email: yangyahui@vip.sina.com
Contact Person:Nick Yang
www.sagasafe.com

If you don't have a local safe company (I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work), let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see if I know any one in your area that I can recommend.

Sorry the news isn't better.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)