Locksmithing/LaGard SafeGard 3000 / 4100 / 3260 Electronic Lock Full Reset

Question
I have just purchased a used safe that has a LaGard 3000 / 4100 / 3260 Electronic lock with 33E firmware.

The lock was programmed to include a 10 minute opening delay, and I would like to eliminate this delay. I don't have the LaGard programmer.

Is it possible to completely re-boot this lock to wipe clean the time delay option and completely factory initialize it?

I have seen a posting on the web that indicates this can be done by shorting two pins on the circuit board and applying power. What is the exact procedure?

If this is done, what does the subsequent initial locking code get reset to? What default options are set?

Thanks,  Marc

Answer
Marc,

Yes it is, however you will need the programmer.   As you don't have one, my recommendation would be to contact a local safe company - one that has a programmer, or send the lock into me.

Unfortunately - most of the stuff on the web falls under the old computer term "GIGO" - "garbage in, garbage out".     Shorting the two pins will ONLY reset the primary code to a neutral number which will then have to be reset to a working code.   If you already have a working code, then this results in no benefit to you.

The time delay, and/or manager - subordinate codes or dual custody codes have to be programmed via the programmer.

There are no "default" options - everything is set via the programmer.

If you don't have a local safe company, feel free to send me the lock to reprogram it for you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)