Locksmithing/LaGard SafeGard 3000 / 4100 / 3260 Electronic Lock Full Reset

I have just purchased a used safe that has a LaGard 3000 / 4100 / 3260 Electronic lock with 33E firmware.

The lock was programmed to include a 10 minute opening delay, and I would like to eliminate this delay. I don't have the LaGard programmer.

Is it possible to completely re-boot this lock to wipe clean the time delay option and completely factory initialize it?

I have seen a posting on the web that indicates this can be done by shorting two pins on the circuit board and applying power. What is the exact procedure?

If this is done, what does the subsequent initial locking code get reset to? What default options are set?

Thanks,  Marc

Yes it is, however you will need the programmer.   As you don't have one, my recommendation would be to contact a local safe company - one that has a programmer, or send the lock into me.

Unfortunately - most of the stuff on the web falls under the old computer term "GIGO" - "garbage in, garbage out".     Shorting the two pins will ONLY reset the primary code to a neutral number which will then have to be reset to a working code.   If you already have a working code, then this results in no benefit to you.

The time delay, and/or manager - subordinate codes or dual custody codes have to be programmed via the programmer.

There are no "default" options - everything is set via the programmer.

If you don't have a local safe company, feel free to send me the lock to reprogram it for you.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)